This one was a unique challenge. We ended up tailoring a sweatshirt into a live-hand arm for this character. Which at the time, was the first time we had done something like that.
This character turned out to be several firsts for us. This was the first time we shipped a puppet internationally, (though this didn't influence the build at all). This was also marked the first attempt of our technology-assisted pattern making process, to create the skull for the puppet. To get the shape we wanted, we modeled the head in a 3D software, and through some computer magic, we ended up with a pattern that made the head you see.
In retrospect, this method may have been better suited for a more complex shape. However, we learned that we could use that process if we ever needed to make something particularly intricate.
(For example, we would likely use it for a particularly involved Full-Custom style request.)
Here is some footage we shot of him in action: